Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Surprising Find!

I did a search on myself on Google today, as a belated part of my last post (Who's Looking For You?), and found all the usual places I tend to turn up.

Except for RateMyProfessors.com. This was the first time I'd found myself there, in fact the first time I'd heard about it. You can see my entry here.

This rating was left a few years ago (2/26/03), when I was teaching face to face at Franklin University. I was gratified to find that I'm considered to be helpful (5.0) and clear (4.0). The 3.0 in easiness is to be expected...I tend to expect a lot out of my students, and don't offer a lot of help unless they ask for it (I see value in the struggle to learn difficult topics).

I'm not sure whether I should be insulted or not that the hotness rating was a 0. I could understand a more recent rating like that (I've been teaching exclusively online at Franklin lately, so students don't get to meet me).

Ah well, I guess you can't have everything. Clarity and hotness are probably at opposite ends of the spectrum, and in a teacher clarity's more important.

At least, that's what I'll tell myself.

No comments: