Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Starting Out With Pay Per Post

I've recently joined payperpost, a marketplace where you can get paid to write blog posts.

Before you start to worry, I don't intend to have every post I write here be a paid post, and I don't intend to start writing reviews for fishing lures. All the paid posts I write will be posts I would have written anyway, with the only difference being that I now get paid for it.

It was a bit of a pain to get approved by PayPerPost.com, so if you decide you want to do it here are the requirements I got hung up on as I went along:
  • Your blog must be at least 90 days old
  • Your blog must have at least 20 posts in the last 90 days
  • Your blog must display multiple posts on your front page
Not a big deal, but if you submit your blog and it isn't just right, they'll let you know what's wrong and you have to resubmit.

The marketplace on PayPerPost.com is pretty nice. Advertisers post opportunities and can restrict them to blogs with specific topics, minimum page rank, etc. The opportunities your blog qualifies for are colored differently from the ones you don't qualify for, so you can easily tell which ones to look at further.

One of the best features of PayPerPost.com is that I can now display their Review This Post badge. This allows you, if you are not currently a member of PayPerPost.com, to get paid to review one of my blog posts. You have to have a blog, of course, and it has to get approved by PayPerPost.com, but you can get paid $7.50 for reviewing on of my posts on your blog.

To take advantage of this, you click the Get Paid To Review My Post graphic in the sidebar, and then signup for PayPerPost.com. Once you're a member and your blog gets approved, you'll have an opportunity that pays you to review my post. You can also provide the same deal to your readers. You can review any post, not just the ones that I was paid to write.

PayPerPost.com won't make you rich, but a few extra dollars never hurts. In fact, I was paid to write this post!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,

Welcome to PPP..