Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mvelopes Update

The latest word on my trouble ticket with Mvelopes, concerning their problems getting my transactions automatically from my credit union, is that they've given up.

This is really disappointing! The software looks great, and it would save loads of time over using Quicken for envelop budgeting. But just as I'd gotten into the idea of never entering another transaction again, I find out I'm going to have to manually enter all my checks.

Objectively, this isn't that big a deal. I'm already manually entering checks, and credit card, and PayPal transactions. With Mvelopes I'll only be entering checks.

Subjectively, though, it sucks. I'm yanked out of the rosy world of no data entry, back into the world where it takes time to manage my finances.

I'll get over it, I'm sure.

No comments: