Friday, December 09, 2005

Migraines Suck!

I'm just coming off a two-day migraine, and needed to vent.

I've lived with migraines for as long as I can remember. They run in my Mom's side of the family, and I take more after her physically than my Dad. Normally, I live with them without too much trouble. Sure, they hurt like hell, but when you've hurt like that quite often your entire life, it's hard to know any differently.

I've come to believe that the migraines are my body's way of telling me that something's not quite balanced in my life. They ebb and flow as my life changes. Right now, I'm in a high migraine cycle, often as many as two a week or more. Most of them aren't what I would call serious, but this last one was. The bad ones play hell with your health and your emotions, tying both into knots. It's hard to keep perspective at times like those.

Plus, with a six month old daughter, I start to worry that I'll have passed on the headaches to her. I hate to think of her suffering over the long years of her life with migraines. I've had long enough periods without them that I get a glimpse of what it must be like to not have migraines.

I guess I'll just hope that she gets that sort of thing more from my wife than from me. My teeth she can get from me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Migraines is worst! It's an evil thing that we should destroy :D